Easy Thanksgiving Decorating Tips To Make Your Home More Festive
Want to set the mood for your Thanksgiving feast? It doesn’t have to be all about the turkey and stuffing. This year add a few stylish elements to your home to create an inviting, fall-inspired feel for your guests. Here are a few easy tips, ideas and crafts that will help you create a memorable holiday for your loved ones and a home that is worthy of your Thanksgiving gathering.
- Use leaves - Decorating with fresh fallen leaves is an inexpensive way to bring natural outdoor elements inside the home. Scatter the leaves on your table and around candles, or use the leaves in combination with twigs, branches and berries gathered right out of your own yard to make a fall wreath for the front door.
- Think fall colors - When garnishing your home for Thanksgiving, remember to choose an autumn-inspired color scheme that includes burnt reds, golden yellows and deep hues of green, brown and purple. Introduce the colors consistently throughout your home to tie together your entire Thanksgiving theme.
- Front porch foliage - Dress up your front porch and welcome visitors with an attractive arrangement of pumpkins, cornstalks, gourds or haystacks. Potted plants with orange, brown and rust colored foliage can also add a touch of Thanksgiving cheer to your home’s entrance.
- Embellished mantel - An embellished mantel adorned with autumn decor can add warmth to your central gathering area. Use leaves, garland, ornate tree branches, twinkling lights and candlesticks to bring festive, rich color to your fireplace.
- Dressing the table - The table is the focal point of Thanksgiving dinner; the place your friends and family will congregate to enjoy a delicious meal and give thanks for all their many blessings. When dressing your table, start with the centerpiece. A traditional Thanksgiving cornucopia or an autumn floral arrangement is a simple way to liven up your table setting. Scatter fall leaves, pine cones and nuts around an attractive candle, or place fruits and vegetables in a decorative bowl. Making your Thanksgiving table look beautiful and inviting doesn’t have to be an expensive or difficult endeavor, but it’s one your guests will appreciate and enjoy.
- Crafts for the kids - Let your children join in on the fun by preparing a few kid-friendly crafts. This can include pumpkin carving or painting, gathering autumn leaves or making simple place cards for the Thanksgiving table and embellishing them with glitter and stickers.
Preparing your home for Thanksgiving can be a fun and simple process. Look to nature for some inspiration; many of the items you need to get started are right in your own backyard. With a little preparation and creativity, you can transform your house into an inviting and comfortable place to celebrate this traditional holiday.