Easter Entertaining - Success is in the Details!
|Entertain without exhausting your time, energy or budget.|
Easter is a festive time for children and an important religious holiday to some, but it's also a great opportunity for entertaining. Opening your home to family and friends for this spring holiday is a wonderful way to share quality time together and celebrate the end of winter. Easter dinners featuring succulent cuts of lamb or the always popular sweet and salty ham will certainly please your guests, but there is more you can do to entertain friends without exhausting your time, energy or budget. As with all types of entertaining, success is in the details.
If weather permits, host a casual outdoor brunch to truly enjoy the gentle warmth of the season. Details that will make your brunch a hit include:
- Seasonal foods that don't have to be served piping hot such as quiche, a salad of baby greens, sliced ham or a chilled asparagus soup
- Plenty of dyed eggs for the kids to hunt
- Family games like an egg toss, racing around a track with an egg in a spoon
- Carrot juice served in individual canning jars with lids that guests can grab as they please
- Spruce up the lawn and garden before guests arrive
- Plant spring flowers in small pots to use as table decorations
|If weather allows dine outdoors to enjoy the warmth of the season.|
Easy Easter Lunch
If you'd love to invite friends over for lunch but activities on Easter morning make entertaining seem impossible, the key is to plan ahead. Details to remember include:
- Set the table the night before Easter
- Prepare foods that taste just as good or better after being refrigerated. Pasta salads, spring-inspired soups and many types of casseroles improve in flavor the next day and require only a quick reheat before serving
- Consider a sandwich buffet with plenty of sliced ham, egg salad, spreads made with spring herbs and thick slices of hearty country bread
- When invited friends ask, "May I bring something?" say yes! Everyone has a favorite Easter treat, let them share it with the gang
Easter Dessert Party
Not every Easter gathering needs to include a full meal. Invite friends to join you after other family obligations are over for a feast of Easter inspired desserts. Remember these details for a fantastic dessert party:
- Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate. Traditional Easter treats like foil wrapped eggs and milk chocolate bunnies are fun for the kid in all of us, but be sure to serve at least one truly decadent chocolate dessert to make your party memorable
- Consider your beverages carefully. Decaffeinated and regular coffee are must-haves for a dessert party, but berry flavored or spicy teas that complement the flavors of your desserts are also a smart idea. Don't forget milk for the kids and plenty of refreshing cold water to help cleanse the palette after enjoying sugary treats
For home tours, home tips and more visit homechanneltv.com.