|Concrete driveways are relatively low maintenance.|
A driveway should be reliable and unfailing – something that is used every day without any thought. For a driveway that you won’t have to worry about, check out concrete.
Basics of a Concrete Driveway:
A concrete driveway remains functional for anywhere around 25 to 50 years, making it a solid investment for homeowners. This depends on how well they are constructed and maintained. Installation costs $4 to $10 per square foot, although those costs can double for a stamped or colored finish.
Pros of Concrete Driveways:
- Relatively low-maintenance. Cracks do not usually appear for a long time, and potholes are nearly nonexistent.
- Greater longevity than other driveway options
- Does not heat up in the summertime or hot sun
- Aesthetically pleasing
- Many color and decorative options
- Makes snow removal easy
Cons of Concrete Driveways:
- Resurfacing is not possible. As mentioned above, a concrete driveway may crack or become unsightly over time. While this does not usually happen if its initial installation is done properly, the only way to fix this is to completely remove the driveway and pour a new one in its place.
- Larger driveways can be costly
- More susceptible to oil stains and tire marks. Removing these marks can be time consuming and typically requires special stain remover.
A concrete driveway is an excellent option for those hoping to add warmth and atmosphere to their home. While it may not be as affordable as other choices, concrete is relatively low-maintenance and will serve as a reliable and headache-free product for many years.
For more home tips, visit homechanneltv.com.