|Vinyl siding is one of the more popular choices.|
Vinyl siding is made out of long strips of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) fashioned to look like traditional wood siding. It has recently become one of the more popular siding choices among Americans. Is vinyl is the best option for your home?
Pros of vinyl siding:
- Easy to install
- Very low-maintenance
- Inexpensive compared to other options
- Long-lasting exterior color
- More environmentally-friendly than other options
Cons of vinyl siding:
- Water-resistant, but not water-proof. Its installation process can allow water to become trapped between the siding and surface of the home, which can cause infestation and mold.
- May crack or dent under extreme cold weather
- May melt or distort under extreme hot weather
- Fewer color choices than other options
Vinyl siding is a suitable choice for those not residing in an extremely hot or cold climate. Homebuyers not keen on spending a lot of time maintaining their home’s exterior will also find vinyl to be an attractive selection.
For more home tips, visit homechanneltv.com.