|Cedar siding has a rich color and rustic appearance.|
Commonly seen for cabins in the northern regions, cedar siding has become an increasingly popular choice for homeowners across the country. Its rich color and rustic appearance creates a cozy and comfortable feeling that we all yearn for in a home. Read on to see if cedar siding is the right choice for your own home.
Cedar siding is a wood product derived from cedar trees. A manufacturing process takes the raw cedar and transforms it into siding for home installation. The product’s dimensional stability allows it to retain its shape while still working well with nailing and staining.
Pros of cedar siding:
- Beautiful appearance
- Large variety of finishes and styles
- Very durable
- Strong insulator
- Relatively low-maintenance
- More expensive than other options
- May rust if in contact with iron nails or other iron products
- May become discolored from water
- May be susceptible to mildew
- Requires staining and repainting, which can increase cost
To learn more home tips, visit homechanneltv.com.