Home Tip Tuesday: Snow Removal Tips
Winter is here! Unfortunately, along with the beauty of a winter wonderland comes the laborious task of snow removal. It's a tough and time consuming job. We've put together a list of supplies and tips to help keep you safe while you deal with the burden of keeping your driveway and walkways clear this winter.
Tools and Supplies
- Snow blower (a great investment!) and gas
- An ergonomically correct snow shovel
- Wax or cooking spray for shovel so snow doesn't stick
- Stakes to designate and protect landscaping
- Salt and/or sand to de-ice walkways
- Brushes and ice scrapers for car
- Shovel early and in stages as opposed to all at once
- Push the snow as much as possible and lift with your knees
- Be aware of your surroundings especially when shoveling near the road
- Dress appropriately in light layers, hat, gloves and footwear that grips
- Take breaks often, stay hydrated and stretch during heavy snowfalls
- Have your cell phone with you in case of an emergency
For home tours, home tips and more visit homechanneltv.com.